Prev: Re: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: RE: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG)

Re: SG2 ] Points System

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Mon, 08 Mar 2004 16:03:31 +0000
Subject: Re: SG2 ] Points System

Kevin wrote:

> This is our system. It was developed by myself, Cameron Fairchild
> and Randy Stoda.

The one problem I see with this point system, and I think Chris' has a
similar issue, is that you pay the cost per figure. There's no cost for
a squad. In other words, a squad is a "figure container" and should have
a cost associated with it.

As several of us have mentioned in the past (maybe not on this list, but
other lists) two squads of 4 figures are not the same as one squad of 8
figures. The two squads have an advantage over one squad. If it costs
the same, because you are buying figures individually, to create one
squad of 8 as two squads of 4, there's a problem. Unless this is
integrated into an SG2 point system, it will always have a big hole that
munchkins can exploit.

This is a big reason why it's so difficult to invent an SG2 point
system.

--
Allan Goodall
agoodall@att.net

Prev: Re: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG) Next: RE: [FT] Test List BETA of Fighter Revisions (LONG)