Prev: GZG East Coast Convention VII shirts Next: Re: After Con Report - ECC VII

Re: this is a first...

From: "Tony Finan" <the_nemesis@c...>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 07:18:24 -0500
Subject: Re: this is a first...

   There is a push to eliminate the region system coming from all
people, Blockbuster Video. It seems that their video sales in the UK are
being slammed because they are contractually unable to sell any disk in
that market that isn't region 2. At the same time there are stores
throughout the UK that are selling nothing but Region 1 disks and making
a killing as it is very easy to get a region free machine in the UK.
   In the US, you can pick up a low end players like the Daewoo 3000-N
or the Cyberhome Ch-500, and make it region free by a few keystrokes on
the remote. Both have rather good PAL/NTSC converters built in. Both
players go for under $80 US. If people want more info, I can post links
to detailing how to make the changes, or contact me directly. Many low
end DVD players can have their setting reset, if you know the codes for
the particular machine.

Tony Finan
"I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free
I'm not a hero, I'm not a savior, forget what you know
I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control"  - R.O.C.
Kilroy
  From: "Edward Lipsett (work)" <translation@intercomltd.com>

      Living in Japan as I do, I often run into encoding issues.
	In Australia, we're in region 4, along with Brazil, Argentina
etc. I'm sure there's some logic there, but I don't know what
it is.

This means that over 90% of DVDs don't get released here, and
those that do are often delayed a few months or years.

      All hail the american movie industry -_-

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: GZG East Coast Convention VII shirts Next: Re: After Con Report - ECC VII