Prev: RE: rear-arc fire, redux (was: Re: more Laserlight's FT Lite rules Next: [Tufflyverse] Karl is for groppo... was Re: Laserlight's FT Lite rules and RWC

Re: rear-arc fire, redux

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 21:58:48 -0600
Subject: Re: rear-arc fire, redux

***
You can argue whether it's a good rule or not (and in some universes it
isn't), but Jon likes it and it's in FT, and therefore it's going to
stay in FTLite.
***

However, I accepted it as an argument to remove it from FT III.

Why tie your hands in a fight? Well, mass/cost limitations also tie your
hands. Why allow such restrictions? Ok, poor reduce ab absurdum, but
from
what Jon has said, it's added a lot to the experience of the game.

Examples of shooting out the rear? Just outside the rear arc is still
only
about 30 degrees off directly rear, and the pictures described don't
necessarily mean there still isn't a blind spot.

I'd argue for it as an option, but a standard one. But that's about the
way
Jon's described everything in the game, right?

The_Beast (And I HATE beets...)