Prev: [GZG] Bindings and how to treat them Re: simple rules for non-gamers Next: Re: simple rules for non-gamers

Re: simple rules for non-gamers

From: Ray Forsythe <erf2@w...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 21:28:07 -0500
Subject: Re: simple rules for non-gamers

Eric Fialkowski wrote:

> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 18:43, Doug Evans wrote:
>

>>Sorry to step in here, especially when it's meandering so OT, but for
those
>>who've not experience the original books, Dom means this literally.
I've
>>several books from the period, and the bindings just fall apart. You
always
>>have to check for errant pages, as they drop out when you least notice
it.

> Hate to add to the OT'ness but GW claimed that the "northerly transit
of
> ships" caused the binding glue to get "too cold" and start falling
> apart.  I have a copy of WH:Siege that I'm afraid to open anymore.

Actually, I think this was an early attempt at revenue enhancement.
Over
time they found it easier to just obsolete the rules every few years
rather
than going to the trouble of using self-destructing binding.

--
Ray Forsythe - erf2@wombatzone.com - www.wombatzone.com

Prev: [GZG] Bindings and how to treat them Re: simple rules for non-gamers Next: Re: simple rules for non-gamers