Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Bulk was Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?

RE: simple rules for non-gamers

From: agoodall@a...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 16:25:03 +0000
Subject: RE: simple rules for non-gamers

> It was PanzerBlitz that got me into gaming historical stuff (and then
on to
> SciFi...).

I guess a lot of us fall into this realm. My first wargame was _Panzer
Leader_, the same system (pretty much) in the Western theatre. I
eventually picked up a used version of Panzerblitz.

My first miniatures games were with unpainted Airfix plastic HO models
using a variant of the rules found in Grant or Featherstone. I wish I
had those books, but I borrowed them from the library and they are very
hard to find now.

My first skirmish was with 1/32 scale Airfix plastics using rules I got
from the magazine Wargamer's Digest. I still have the magazines, and the
figures, somewhere in my storage locker.

*sigh* I wish there was someone local I could play with. I need a minis
fix, bad.

--
Allan Goodall		   agoodall@att.net
http://www.hyperbear.com   agoodall@hyperbear.com

Prev: Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together? Next: Bulk was Re: How to put a Tegethoff dreadnought together?