Prev: Re: STARSHIP TROUPERS! Next: RE: STARSHIP TROUPERS!

Re: STARSHIP TROUPERS!

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:29:33 -0600
Subject: Re: STARSHIP TROUPERS!

On 15 Feb 2004 at 11:25, DAWGFACE47@webtv.net wrote:

> SST; THE MOVIE, i must say i did  enjoy.

You know, I did too. I figured that Verhoeven knew _exactly_ what he
was doing. There's a scene when some characters are in the foreground
talking and some soldiers are in the background firing at a bug. The
bug is in the middle of a circle! It should have resulted in a lot of
friendly fire, but it didn't... and it looked just like what I
thought it was: comic relief. I'm almost certain that Verhoeven knew
it was farcical. His tongue was firmly in cheek.

--

Allan Goodall		     agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

"Keeping an open mind is a virtue -- but not so open that your
brains fall out." - James Oberg

Prev: Re: STARSHIP TROUPERS! Next: RE: STARSHIP TROUPERS!