Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

From: Damond Walker <damosan@c...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 10:28:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

On 2/15/04 10:14 AM, "Doug Evans" <devans@nebraska.edu> wrote:

> Ok, if you'll forgive this ole vacc'head, there are a few different
issues
> going on.
>
> 1) People want volume discounts....
> 2) People want rational groups of sets,...
> 3) People want 'national' army set ups....

    Valid points.  While a Kra'Vak Mech. Infantry Company would be nice
guess we can't expect it until the Kra'Vak have a healty choice of
combat
vehicles right?

    Reality (as far as TOE) can really throw a kink into the works but
when
I do my infrequent DS game I normally arrange my groups in 3 or 4
element
chunks and two stands per APC unless I'm doing powerarmor in which case
it's
one stand per APC.

    That's just me and YMMV.

    I brought the topic up because I read on TMP that Italeri is coming
out
with some WW2 skirmish set with figures, tanks, rules, etc.  I think
it's a
trend that GZG shouldn't ignore to be honest with you all.  I'd like to
see
Jon have a small boxed set which includes enough rules and metal to play
the
game out of the box.

    A little cover artwork, four baggies of figs, a scaled down DS2(3?),
and
a load of headaches I'm sure.  :)

    Methinks Jon should hire someone to sling his lead so he can sit in
his
overlord chair and work on his plans of world domination...urm...I mean
backlog of rules.  ;)

Damo

Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: Re: [DS] "Army" packs?