Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2004 09:14:53 -0600
Subject: Re: [DS] "Army" packs?

Ok, if you'll forgive this ole vacc'head, there are a few different
issues
going on.

1) People want volume discounts, which Jon appears to love to give, no
problem.

2) People want rational groups of sets, but this requires a little
better
definition of how these units should be set up. This will require some
dicussion, and probably arguments, but of a mostly functional variety.
Can
get nasty, but seems possible.

3) People want 'national' army set ups. However, I've seen few
discussions
of how these probably go, and tend toward vague outlines, though I know
some people have a few T.O.E.'s. I'm not sure how locked down folks,
especially Jon, want this, though Fleet Books did that pretty much for
ships. A browse through the 1/300 part of the site, well stocked with
piccies, I might add, shows that few of the items are defined to one or
another 'nation' anyway.

So, with direction from Jon as to the size of packs he'd like to
assemble,
you might want to focus on 2) as small generic units, to build to 3)
armies.

YMMV, big time.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [DS] "Army" packs? Next: Re: [DS] "Army" packs?