Prev: Re: FT losing market share? Next: Re: FT losing market share?

Re: FT losing market share?

From: Roger Burton West <roger@f...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 15:35:47 +0000
Subject: Re: FT losing market share?

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 07:30:56AM -0800, Bruce Gelinas wrote:
>I think lack of a US distributor is hurting. It is hard to get new
players when the rule books are not easy to obtain. I have run a couple
of FT demos at my local hobby store and had great fun and a great
turnout. But when I told the intrested players the only way they could
get the rulebooks was to order them from England the next question was
could I make a copy of my rules. Yes ordering from England is fairly
quick and not that expensive but the "Me" and "Now" generation do not
want to wait so they will go on to other games where the rule can be
picked up at a local store.

Perhaps a better question would be: why don't the _stores_ order
directly from Jon? Possibilities:

- they don't know how cheap and fast that might be;

- it's too difficult for them to deal with a foreign supplier (can't see
why really);

- they're already tied to using a single distributor who'll drop them if
they go elsewhere, even for things that distributor doesn't carry.

Perhaps we should be talking to the game distributors and getting _them_
to order in bulk from Jon...

Roger

Prev: Re: FT losing market share? Next: Re: FT losing market share?