Prev: New BG gets green light. Next: Re: FT losing market share?

RE: FT losing market share?

From: "Karl A. Bergman" <karlbergman@c...>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 06:43:03 -0800
Subject: RE: FT losing market share?

	I would have to agree that at least in the states the primary
reason that
sales would drop would be a lack of presence in the stores/no US
distributor.  Of the four gaming stores within a 50 mile range of my
house
(one of which is just starting so doesn't have much stock yet, including
no
space games) 2 of them have BFG and 3 of them have SFB.  I also found
other
games like Babylon 5 and Armada in at least one store.	One of them
still
has a copy of Full Thrust and FB2, but they have been there for years,
and
he has no intent to order any other FT stuff as there is no US
distributor.

	So far the only store I have been able to organize a FT game at
is the new
store.	But even there I fear that if they can't get easy access to
product
to sell they might drop support for the game.  After all they are in
business to sell product, not just to provide us a place to play.  And
as
most of us here in the states have no other place for public gatherings
play games but the stores, this can limit exposure to games which the
store
does not carry.  This could easily account for market share loss.