Prev: Re: [FMAS] Is this insane or what? Re: real-life FT playing Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: Laserlight <laserlight@q...>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 21:51:09 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Lachlan Atcliffe wrote:
> Having played against  a swarm of these armed with P-torps, I can tell

> you that it's survivable and you can even win a good 50% of the time.
> That's with torps, though. Something like SMRs...ick.

Yes, that was my point--I was replying to Binhan's
"if 200 points of ships can defeat 150 points of ships most of the time,

the side that has 30, ten point ships will almost always defeat the the
fleet with 2, 150 point ships, by simply generating a temporary
imbalance on the board (sending 10 one after one ship and twenty after
the other)."
Binhan, you appear to be assuming that the 2x150 point ships are going
to be separated.  And I'm assuming you plucked "10 point ship" out of
the air -- although I suppose you could have a ship with 1 mass hull, 1
mass drive, 1 PDS for 10 points.  Somehow I don't think I'd feel too
threatened by a swarm of those.

Prev: Re: [FMAS] Is this insane or what? Re: real-life FT playing Next: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion