Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:34:17 -0600
Subject: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

***
But in comparison, co-ordination of fighters is very small in terms of
price, space and crew compared to the cost of purchase and maintenance
of
the fighters.  For instance, the amount of carrier space allocated to
hangars, fuel bunkers, weapons storage and spare parts, bunking for
pilots
and maintenance crew is much larger than the 100 or so
personnel,computers
and crew space it takes to organize a strike of 36 fighters.
***

I wouldn't know, though I think you're analyzing too closely again.
However, aren't there items you aren't including? Specialized radar and
communication? Sentries, Orions, or
whatever-the-heck-baby-awacs-are-called... Satellite support?

Are these all that much more expensive? Dunno. Applicable to space?
*shrug*

But they show what the kinds of techno-babble handwaving we call PSB can
cover. ;->=

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion