Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:17:15 -0600
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

>The problem is that they scale in a non-linear fashion.

As the optional attack side is still receiving proper savaging, sounds
like
a non-linear point system is in order. While a point system can be made
be exponential, perhaps we could use a step system, that, instead of
costing the fighter groups or bays, costing a new system 'fighter
director'.

For a small number of flights, the infrastrucure native to the carrier
is
sufficient, while mega-wing ships require geometrically increasingly
expensive fighter director suites, or even a separate ship.

Nebulous idea, but they're my speciality.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion