Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 23:16:03 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion

Ryan Gill wrote:

>>Agreed. Which is why Brian's proposal - increasing the cost of fighter

>>groups - only moves the point of (non)balance a bit, but doesn't solve
it.

>Well, here is a question. Why is an imbalance wrong?

Because we're discussing a game which uses a points system for the
specific
purpose of generating reasonably balanced games. Imbalance thus means
that
the points system does not fulfil its one and only reason for existing,
therefore imbalance is bad in this context.

Real-world comparisons are completely irrelevant in the game balance
context, because the real world 1) is not a game and 2) does not use
points
systems to make contests reasonably even.

Regards,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion Next: Re: [FT] Yet Another Fighters Suggestion