Prev: RE: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident Next: RE: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident

Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 10:15:01 -0000
Subject: Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

Laserlight wrote:

>Matt said:
>>Think I will steal the Hattin outright, (well, I'll drop 2 pds and 2
points
>of armour to bring the hull up to 26,

>I think you'll find the armor is more valuable than the extra hull.

I meant to drop the ADFC not the armour (d'oh!), the armour will stay as
it
is. As will the hull (my various enemies favour pulse torps, B-2's and
K-guns, so I kind of need screens, armour and a stronger hull integrity.
Thus the advanced drive beams designs work well for me, as I can give
the
vessels good protection and maximise my firepower with the remaining
mass
with the use of smaller beams and single arc heavier ones. At least this
is
the theory...)

>> and stick two C3-1's in the mass 8 bay, and upgrade to advance
drives),
>it being perfect for my purposes!
>>The tyrannical forces of the Sol Republic thank you...

>The friendly, peace-loving forces of the Sultanate say "you're
welcome."
>I'd be interested in hearing feedback on the designs.

No worries on that score, thanks again.

Regards,

Matt Tope