Prev: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident Next: Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams

RE: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident

From: "Edward Lipsett \(work\)" <translation@i...>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 19:10:25 +0900
Subject: RE: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident

I read something on the NASA site a long time ago about operations in
low-pressure environments. Not vacuum, but quite low.
With breathing systems, that would get rid of a lot of the potential
danger
from fire and explosive decompression.

I'll see if I can find the link...

> This is certainly a valid assumption - _if_ the vacc suits are good
> enough that you don't lose massive amounts of dexterity while wearing
> them. This is not true of current zero-atmosphere pressure suits;
> personally I think it's a reasonable assumption for the fairly near
> future, but not everyone agrees with me.
>
> Also consider the practicalities of trying to give someone first aid
in
> zero pressure. Suddenly a small splinter causes a potentially fatal
> wound.

Edward Lipsett
Fukuoka, Japan

Prev: Re: [GZG Fiction] Seventy Dead after Freighter Accident Next: Re: [FT] Advanced drives and beams