Prev: RE: Kids at GZG ECC? Next: RE: Kids at GZG ECC?

Re: [FT] New Kra'Vak

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 21:53:32 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] New Kra'Vak

Hugh wrote:

>The 'Fleet Book 4' web site created by Alan Brain has the
>specs for some new Kra'Vak ship models. Are these the start
>of a second Kra'Vak nation/culture as speculated about
>recently?

Who knows? <g> The UNDIA doesn't, that's for sure... they *suspect* (or
*fear*) that this may be the case, but they don't *know*.

(Unfortunately the FB4 site has limited space for background blurbs -
the
To'Ki blurb was truncated, and some of the current blurbs for the
missing
designs are even longer that that one. Which is one of the reasons why
they
and their corresponding designs haven't been posted yet; the other
reason
being me having intermittent access problems with the Magrathea server.)

>If not, I suggest that the single main gun cruisers (not
>the battleship) *ought* to be the start of a new fleet and
>not mixed in with those from FB2.

Lots of human nations have combined forces against the Kra'Vak,
including
fighting in mix-nation task forces, and several of the minor human
nations
buy warships from more than one major supplier. Why wouldn't the Kra'Vak

clans combine forces against the humans, or buy ships from one another?
If
they do, would humanity be able to tell the different KV clans apart?

On a more practical note, I'm not planning to sculpt any more
centre-line-gun KV designs within the foreseeable future. However, the
KV
range is very modular and Jon sells the individual KV bits separately if

you ask him nicely, so you shouldn't have any trouble kitbashing any
larger
centre-line-gun ships you want just like Eric Fialkowski and I've done
(the
latest KV models are all based on my old KV kit-bashes)!

>Da'Kak/Di'Tok equivalents: one K3, extra K1.

Sounds very much like the To'Ki (FT425) class already shown on the FB4
site, no? (The To'Ki is almost exactly the same size as the Da'Kak -
slightly larger, in fact.)

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: RE: Kids at GZG ECC? Next: RE: Kids at GZG ECC?