Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Update from the Shipyards....

Re: [OT]Peperoni

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2004 23:09:03 +1100
Subject: Re: [OT]Peperoni

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@hyperbear.com>

> They see _so_ many people trying to get away with something, from
> something as innocuous as trying to slip in illegal pepperoni, to
> something serious as coming in with forged documents.

That's a difference in culture. In Australia, someone coming in with
forged documents is of relatively minor concern - at worst they're Al
Qaeda
types who are out to kill at most a few thousand people.

But a stick of peperoni could well be carrying any number of
foreign diseases, which could wreck a large part of our agricultural
sector, and thus cost us billions. AQIS (the Australian Quarantine
and Inspection Service) doesn't get too upset if an additional Kilo
of heroin gets in, it's the produce that they're really after.

Prev: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Update from the Shipyards....