Prev: my new website with SSDs Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention

RE: cheesey designs (was my FT Trek designs and more)

From: "david smith" <bifsmith207@h...>
Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2004 10:24:21 +0000
Subject: RE: cheesey designs (was my FT Trek designs and more)

>And then there is the cheese.	Someone dared us to make a 1000 mass
>ship, cost doesn't matter, and see which is the best.	Savasku, of
>course, 500 power, with a top MD of 25, and I think firing out to at
>least 12 FEET.  Two other designs: 77 fighter squadrons or the MD 8
>with 12 beam-5s firing out to the side (with 40 scatter guns and 20 PD
>in case those 77 fighter squadrons get close.. but they won't). All
>have fragile hulls.   :D
>
>Glen

My favorite cheese design was a HH inspired SD, at about 850 mass. This
thing was slow (t-2), but packed lots of armour (PH layered) over a week

hull, pulsar C`s and 30 to 40 MT missile launchers (using my own rules
for
MT missile movement, which was 3 turn endurance, everytime it moved,
uses 1
endurance, can make a secondary move, and for every turn in flight,
attack
radius goes down 1 MU, starting at 6 MU, can also use any remaing
endurance
when attacking to reduce PDS to hit by -1). The ONE time anybody let me
play
this thing, I cruised in building up speed slowly, and my opponents made
the
mistake of spliting up. I got to the range I wanted, turned to open my
broadsides (the way they had split up meant I could hit both with
separate
sides), and proceeded to vaporise a entire fleet worth of ships over 3
turns. 2 BC`s and a DD escaped (I was after the big stuff <G>), but this

taught everyone NOT to let me have my cheese unless they had cheese as
well.

We did try a HH game using theese designs, but time meant we had to
finish
before it got very far. Was rater scary watching a squadren of SD`s
putting
out about 280 missiles per turn (yes, two hundren and eighty, a HH
squadren
is 8 ships).

The number of dice is scary, especially as these designs have equal PDS
what there broadside through weight. A simular game using just BC`s (2
per
side), was a lot more managable (I will have a SD showdown sometime
<G>).

BIF
Rambling on due to boardom!!!!!!!!!

Express yourself with cool new emoticons
http://www.msn.co.uk/specials/myemo

Prev: my new website with SSDs Next: Re: [CON] GZG East Coast Convention