Prev: Re: Ship dispositions Next: Re: Ship dispositions

Re: Ship dispositions

From: Dom Mooney <cybergoths@d...>
Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2003 12:47:01 +0000
Subject: Re: Ship dispositions

On Saturday, December 20, 2003, at 03:49 PM, Damond Walker wrote:

> When a ship is decommissioned is it sold off as scrap?  Or to another
> power (corporate, small nation, etc)?

Not FT as such, but this is one of the areas that we address in Power
Projection: Fleet. Each year (in a campaign) you have an overall budget
(based on the economic value of systems you control or in the quick and
dirty version based on the cost of your original fleet). To keep each
ship operational, you need to spend 10% of its original value per year.
If you can't, then you either mothball ('place in ordinary') or scrap
the vessel ('pay off'). Mothballing means maintenance drops to ~1% of
original build but the ship can be returned to service in ~10% of new
build time. If you scrap a ship, you can sell it to another
power/corporation etc, but it still has a maintenance value based on
it's original cost.

I guess that FT will operate somewhat similarly.

Cheers,

Dom

---------dom@cybergoths.u-net.com----------
"Honesty is a cornerstone of Zhodani Society. When one's
thoughts are open to being read by others, it becomes
pointless lying, keeping secrets or hiding one's true feelings.
Truth is assumed.."  Delta 3 is Down, BITS, 2001

Prev: Re: Ship dispositions Next: Re: Ship dispositions