Prev: Re: OT US 4th Inf in Iraq Next: Re: OT US 4th Inf in Iraq

RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

From: "Noah V. Doyle" <nvdoyle@i...>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:48:33 -0500
Subject: RE: Background Material: A call for Help from US Easterners

May I suggest a slightly different approach, for how to apportion the
balkanized North America?

Look to the commercially navigable rivers/waters. Mississippi, Missouri,

Ohio, Great Lakes; all of these are going to be vastly important for
trade,
if you break up the USA/Canada/Mexico. You might see a Great Lakes
Coalition, dedicated to controlling trade/access to the lakes - and thus

the Atlantic, for much of the center of the continent. There would
probably
be conflicts across the major rivers, for control of them. Nation/states

lower on the rivers would be in conflict with those higher up, over
access
to the oceans...and vice versa, over the flow of the waters themselves.

Don't forget that unless you've somehow handwaved away ICBMs, SSBNs and
other major units, several nation/states just became massively armed
nuclear powers.

And a more personal comment on the Midwest - we Hoosiers (Indianans,
historically) might be willing to 'ally' with Ohio, Michigan and (rural)

Illinois, we'd probably have troubles with Kentucky over the Ohio River.
If
any Chicagoans get any ideas, though, Gary, IN = Stalingrad. :)

Noah Doyle

---

Prev: Re: OT US 4th Inf in Iraq Next: Re: OT US 4th Inf in Iraq