Prev: Re: Galactica 2003 Next: Re: Galactica 2003

Re: Galactica 2003

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 13:14:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Galactica 2003

At 9:28 AM -0800 12/12/03, Brian B wrote:
>--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
>>  At 8:43 AM -0800 12/12/03, Brian B wrote:
>>  >--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:
>>  >>	> Multiple replies, and now With Spoilers, so...
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >>	>
>>  >  > >
>  > >

>  > I see him as less of a villain than the previous
>>  incarnation of
>>  Baltar. He seems more like a man riding the tail of
>>  a tiger and
>>  doesn't know how to get off. He, however, lacks the
>>  intestinal
>>  fortitude to jump off and take the consequences like
>>  a man.
>
>And that's the point that villifies him, at least in
>my eyes.

Oh granted, its just that hes not a calculatingly, evil villain (TM).
Like Senator Palpatine, Hitler, Bun-Bun, Bill Gates, etc.

>  > I thought they were just showing off the Victoria
>>  Secret Model eye candy.
>
>An as pretty as the candy was, it was damned annoying
>for someone trying to take his SF seriously when they
>could have filled that air time with more combat
>sequences or more germaine dialogue...

I've pretty much accepted that hot chicks (tm) and sci-fi are pretty
much here to stay. Look at any of the recent what ever movies or
books. There's always someone that is there to provide a bit of
distraction. Imagine a cover for the novelization of the current
movie series. Jim Baen would have a tall order to top with a cover
like that.

Speaking of, did you guys see that Baen donated some several thousand
books to the Navy and the Enterprise in particular...(rather
appropriate ship for a bunch of sci-fi novels).
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: Re: Galactica 2003 Next: Re: Galactica 2003