Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: Galactica 2003

Re: Galactica 2003

From: Brian B <greywanderer987@y...>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 09:28:11 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: Galactica 2003

--- Ryan M Gill <rmgill@mindspring.com> wrote:
> At 8:43 AM -0800 12/12/03, Brian B wrote:
> >--- "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com> wrote:
> >>  > Multiple replies, and now With Spoilers, so...
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >>  >
> >  > >

> >Agreed.  and again, it definitely made his
> character a
> >more believable villain than the flat
> cardboard-cutout
> >Baltar of the original.
> >

> I see him as less of a villain than the previous
> incarnation of
> Baltar. He seems more like a man riding the tail of
> a tiger and
> doesn't know how to get off. He, however, lacks the
> intestinal
> fortitude to jump off and take the consequences like
> a man.

And that's the point that villifies him, at least in
my eyes.

> >Again, let me reiterate, I had no problem with the
> >concept of his seduction by the cylon.  What
> bothered
> >me was the hamfisted way the kept beating us over
> the
> >head with it in every other scene, just to make
> sure
> >we knew how important a plot point it was.
>
> I thought they were just showing off the Victoria
> Secret Model eye candy.

An as pretty as the candy was, it was damned annoying
for someone trying to take his SF seriously when they
could have filled that air time with more combat
sequences or more germaine dialogue...

=====
"In life, you must try and be the type of person that your dog thinks
you are."

- Anonymous

http://photos.yahoo.com/

Prev: Re: this is a first... Next: Re: Galactica 2003