Prev: (SG) SaVasku bioconstructs Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 08:59:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

> Bottom line, we are using "filtered" fuzzy science 'extrapolations' of
> feaking war game (albeit a complex one) as a basis for discussing
> psuedo-reality.
>
> Okay, I just wanted to make sure I had that straight.
>
> I thought maybe somebody was using real science for a second.

The baiss for FFS is real science.  But the assumptions they make are to
make it managable without a Phd. in every field of science and
engineering.
For example, the effects of atmosphere and space on particle beams
weapons
is base on real science.  The construction rule for particle beam
weapons,
however, have simplifing assumptions. Otherwise 99.9% of gamers could
not
use it.  As it is, I doubt more then 10% of gamers can use FFS.

ias

Prev: (SG) SaVasku bioconstructs Next: Re: [SG2] weapons