Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

From: "Don M" <dmaddox1@h...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 09:42:48 -0600
Subject: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

The Tribalism of British units really seems to help their
esprit-de-corps quite a bit. So US units that can trace their
heritage back a long way is actually very NACish. I'd like to see
more of it in the US army, but it's so damnably bent on uniformity
it's almost funny (in a nation of very strong individuals).

*Never understood that one either, think it's an aversion to
within the ranks competition......and the long standing fear
of elite formations by the general staff. Just look how the
army fought the Ranger idea and how quickly the sniper
schools were disbanded after W.W.II. There seems to be a
an almost institutional plan for making everyone equal to
the point of stupidity. The need for elite units was really brought
home during and since Nam........That was not that long ago
when you consider it as a basis for establishing tradition.

I'm waiting on some Cavalry General to bring back Stetsons and ditch
the black berets (which are rightfully an Armored Formation head wear
in spite of anything the damn rangers claim. )

*LOL, 1st Cav has Stetsons, thing is we only wear them with dress blues.

Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry Next: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry