Prev: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry (Alexandria Lights) Next: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 10:24:23 -0500
Subject: Re: [SGII] [DSII] 170th North American Infantry

At 6:33 AM -0800 11/26/03, John Atkinson wrote:

>Right.  But with Brit politicians in charge, we'd
>start doing things in a screwball hybrid of the US and
>Brit system, which is what I'm trying to go for here.

The Tribalism of British units really seems to help their
esprit-de-corps quite a bit. So US units that can trace their
heritage back a long way is actually very NACish. I'd like to see
more of it in the US army, but it's so damnably bent on uniformity
it's almost funny (in a nation of very strong individuals).

I'm waiting on some Cavalry General to bring back Stetsons and ditch
the black berets (which are rightfully an Armored Formation head wear
in spite of anything the damn rangers claim. )
- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -