Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: MAO-MAO WAR

Re: Orbital assault

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:51:11 -0600
Subject: Re: Orbital assault

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:37:45 EST DOCAgren@aol.com writes:
<snip>

>Even if you can pop out in orbit and strat dropping troopers,
>hopefully my
>intel network has been able to determine that my systems are atarget
>and get
>defense stand by to alert status.

I assume no FTL comms but the fact that 'something/somebody is going
down' should be pretty clear.  And often the targets (Planets or in a
balkanized setting, cities/sites) are understood in advance just which
ones in which order can be 'The joy of Intentions' time.

>Unless my system has a complete failure in intel, I honestly figure 6
>Weeks
>as a min, to prepare my defenses.  Which will including launch of a #
>of
>anti-small Craft Satelites, as I may not be able hurt the larger ships
>but your
>landers are different breed of targets.

1)  I like those.
2) If 6 weeks warning (if I know that... I can use it to my advantage)
when do you launch (what is their time on station constraints)?
3) Anyone not doing a day (or more) of pre-landing/pre-bombardment
Aerospace to Mud  recon (most pre-strike/bombardment although fixed
sites
might get some working over if designed to make orbiting unhealthy)
after
arriving at planet is asking to get a nasty surprise.  I don't see a
process of [FTL-in; run to planet without operational recon updates; and
drop on pre-determined targets 'blind'] as not asking for a bloody nose
even if you do win the campaign...

>DOC Agren
>
>     (Lurker on the Digest)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: MAO-MAO WAR