Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: [SG/DS/FT] On-line Painting Tutorial Video created.

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 16:32:21 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 08:57:55 -0500 "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@sprintmail.com>
writes:
<snip>

>"Money is the sinews of war."	While economics will play a major role,
>there
>are also cultural influences that can heavily weigh the how
>effectively that
>money is spent.  For example, a state where the military is held in
>low
>regard by the population isn't going to attract a lot of high quality
>personnel for the officer corps.  This can have a catastrophic effect
>on
>military operations.  The professionalism of the R&D personnel can
>make a
>huge difference between acquiring good equipment and mediocre junk.
>Look at
>British tank development in WWII and US military small arms
>development from
>1870 to 1920 and 1945 to present for examples.  On top of this you
>have
>lawmakers who consistently put being re-elected (for democratic
>governments)
>and/or prestige (for totalitarian regimes) as being more important
>then
>military priorities (most of this tends to go away during a life or
>death
>struggle, but you still have live with legacy of what went on before).
>
>ias

Hallelujah, Amen!

P40 without supercharger anyone?

Which brings up a question.  What miniatures do you use for "aero" units
in DS 2?  A propeller-less (as in Fusion or HMT powered) WW2 looking
craft with mods would make an alternative SF strike craft.  The
Hurricane
look-alike with MDC/HKP weapons slung under the wing...

Gracias,
Glenn

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.	But I have forces in 6 through 25 mm FWIW...

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: [SG/DS/FT] On-line Painting Tutorial Video created.