Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: MAO-MAO WAR

Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 10:44:41 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG/DS] Orbital assault

***
It is not obvious why a drop from geosynch, or from an equatorial orbit,
would be any better than anything else.  I'd think that dropping from a
lower orbit would be a lot better than from geosynch.
***

Ships that become junk tend not to drop quickly on to the planet below
that
way. It also meant that the re-entry path could be restricted to near
equitorial landing area, which I tended to think of a band on a planet
set
aside for landings, as non-populated.

Like I said, the PSB is still pretty muddy.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [SG2] weapons Next: Re: MAO-MAO WAR