Prev: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with Next: RE: [SG2] weapons

RE: [SG2] weapons

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 07:03:08 +0100
Subject: RE: [SG2] weapons

Brendan Robertson wrote:

> >>A 12-round salvo of Mortar shells, mixed jammers, blinders, and
STRIX
> >>would do the job.
> >
> >As long as you're far enough away, yes. (You'll need at least 4 tubes
> >fire those rounds fast enough though, unless you have a *very* fast
> >auto-loader.)
>
>The latest MetalStorm grenade launcher fires at 300-250,000 rpm.

We're talking about using 120mm+ mortar grenades to *defeat* PDS/ADS
here,
so you'll still need at least 4 tubes just to keep the length of the
tubes
reasonable (as in "not sticking up above the surrounding tree tops").

(For those who don't know MetalStorm, the system stores all rounds in
the
barrel, one in front of the other.)

But yes, as a *PDS* the MetalStorm should work OK.

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
-Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Using Sculpy to build ships with Next: RE: [SG2] weapons