Prev: Re: [FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully) Next: RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2003 20:41:55 EST
Subject: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons

In a message dated 11/24/03 2:00:58 AM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

<<  This may be a naive question but will it cost as much to keep the
"15
Brigades of People's Militia" with their low tech "live off the land"
stuff as
the high tech "2-3 brigades of Regulars"? Also what are the resupply
issues
like? For instance, as far as I can tell from the Aussie defence papers
I've read
we're leaning toward buying German not US tanks because the US ones
don't have
enough reach in the petrol tank. Most of this stuff is beyond my area of

knowledge, but won't economics come as much into play in the future as
it does
now? Ok the NAC with supposedly cutting edge and mega-population should
kick
everyone's butt, but them aside how would it stand?

 Cheers

 Beth >>

Beth,

To be honest it may cost more to keep the 2-3 Regulars in service
depending
on their equipment.  But the 2-3 Regulars should be able to put up more
of a
fight longterm for you then the 15 Brigades of People's Militia.  1 of
the advan
tages that the Regular troop will have is in intergrating operations,
and
should be better at making a multi-operation objective offense or
defense work,
then your quickly raised Militia troops.

I would go with 1 Regular Brigade fully staffed 24/7, 2 Regular
Brigades,
staffed at 30-50% with rest being Reserve Troopers, and 3 Brigades (Read
Training
Cadre) at 20% to be staffed out with drafted troops ASAP.

Equipment wise, the 1 Brigade staffed with full time troops, should have
the
best money can get top of the line gear, The 2 Reserves should mixed of
some
top of the line, and older gear, and the 3 training units basicly all
older
gear.

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: [FT] Full Thrust Ship Creator returns (hopefully) Next: RE: Troop Quality was RE: [SG2] weapons