Prev: Re: FT – Fleet Replenishment tenders Next: RE: Fleet Replenishment tender

Re: Fleet Replenishment tender

From: damosan@c...
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:33:30 +0000
Subject: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender

> Definitely worth having. It's quite common for a ship to be
"destroyed"
> by only a point or two - OK, power's gone, but that doesn't mean the
> thing has exploded. There'll be a lot of people in suits, lifeboats,
> etc., awaiting pickup - so there's definitely call for SAR, and with
the
> likely distance to a friendly base it makes sense to combine this with
> hospital treatment.

Are we assuming mid-combat pickups here or would the victor do the
pickups?  Hospital ships are a good thing in that, if you "win", you get
to pickup surviving crewmembers.  What about the opposing forces?  I
would think convention would be to pick them up as well (if time/space
permit) because these crewmen would be valuable property to own when it
came time for exchanges and such.

I'd also think that hospital ships would have a large group of Marines
onboard to help keep the natives calm.

---
Damo

Prev: Re: FT – Fleet Replenishment tenders Next: RE: Fleet Replenishment tender