Prev: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender Next: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender

Re: FT – Fleet Replenishment tenders

From: Doug Evans <devans@n...>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 10:09:05 -0600
Subject: Re: FT – Fleet Replenishment tenders

***
The question crossed my mind: Are there different classes of tenders
as well? One which usually serves up to destroyer? And really big one
for the Dreadnaughts and up? Different one for fuel? For ammunition?
For food and other consumables? Or the one basket for all..?
***

Varies by a number of concepts, including do you tend towards large,
amorphous fleets, or the need to serve both large groups of ships and
small, deep space units.

Another question is: does a dependence on modularity, as accepted by
some,
mean you'll be bringing small gun modules to small ships, and large
modules
to large ships. And, yes, I accept that large ships will need small as
well.

I would assume a nation's fleet, indicating the entire naval might,
would
have different units for support of different missions.

I'd think that large groups of ships would be better served by
specialized
ships, while fast, well-armed, if a bit underloaded, multi-tasked milch
cows would supply small units.

Just a gut reaction.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender Next: Re: Fleet Replenishment tender