Prev: BPC Anyone? Next: Re: [SG2] weapons

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 04:54:05 -0600
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

Of course, given the emptiness of space and the long periods of
non-combat, I suspect most of the time, the issue never comes up.  Until
"the order' is given.  Reacting to the order sometimes commits you to
follow through on some craziness you would never start if you took the
time to assess the action.

Also, I suspect you obey the order in hopes that 'the team' (you and the
people you have spent months locked up in a can in a vacuum with) will
survive.  Being a FF (perhaps the only ship in the firing zones) at
under
24 inches with a SDN pretty much forces you on to some pretty sharp
horns
of a dilemna.	And often the safest zone is his "6 o'clock."

 I don't see too many designs with a lot of firepower to their "6" - now
staying there might be a problem...

Gracias,
Glenn

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.	But I have forces in 6 through 25 mm FWIW...

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 08:51:50 +0000 Ground Zero Games <jon@gzg.com>
writes:
>>On Wednesday, November 19, 2003, at 01:10  PM, Doug Evans wrote:
>>

>>>Has anyone tried to come up with a system to test if crew is crazy
>enough
>>>to accept a crazy order? Not that battling in as hostile an environ
>as
>>>space doesn't qualify as certifiable anyway...
>>>

>>Isn't there something in one of the FT (MT?) books about striking
>>the colors?  Would any of that apply?
>>
>>Damo
>

>Thing is, with a ship (space or sea) the crew generally have to do
>what the Captain decides - so it's up to his decision, not the
>crew's, whether to follow a "crazy" order or not - it's not like
>infantry combat where individuals can just hide in the bushes or
>skulk away....
>Of course, if the crew decide, in unison, that they really don't want
>to be led into certain death, then that becomes either "mutiny" or
>"relieving a Captain who has become unfit for command", which is
>getting into a rather grey area best left to the military
>lawyers.....  ;-)
>
>Jon (GZG)

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: BPC Anyone? Next: Re: [SG2] weapons