Prev: Re: Question regarding Hungarian history (was Re: FT Lancers) Next: Re: [OT] Spearhead

Re: [SG2] weapons

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 08:46:08 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] weapons

> > I doubt that a Bradly crew on the receiving end
> > of a 90mm RR shot would say, useless. I'm sure
> > the Marines at Hue City didn't think that of
> > their Ontos' and their 6 105mm RRs.
>
> Well, considering that the question was asked in the
> context of Stargrunt, the answer stands.

No it doesn't.	You're making a zillion assumptions, such as the lack
increase in the effectiveness of the warhead, that civil engineering
structures will be built like super tanks, etc.  By the way, did you
know
that a 105mm RR (Recoiless Rifle) firing a HEAT warhead can penetrate
the
side of an M1 and M1A tank?  I don't know about the M1A1 and M1A2.  Note
that it can penetrate an M60 tank head on.  I hate to think of what it
could
do to a Bradely even with reactive armor...

The best way to view a RR in DSII would be the warhead of a GSM/L stuck
on a
range 18" cannon, with the firecontrol being one worse against moving
targets.  Note that defense systems would not be capable of intercepting
the
round.	You can extract SG rules from this.

By the way, the Brit's fielded a 120mm RR called the Wombat.

ias

Prev: Re: Question regarding Hungarian history (was Re: FT Lancers) Next: Re: [OT] Spearhead