Prev: Singapore's Bites of the Week (8 - 14 Nov 2003) Next: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs and Ion Cannon (also System Failures)

[OT] Spearhead

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2003 01:54:37 -0800 (PST)
Subject: [OT] Spearhead

There was some discussion about Modern Spearhead on
the list right before I got back.  I had a chance to
flip through a rulebook yesterday, and I have two
comments:

1)The engineering rules are completely bogus.
Obviously no one in that company has ever put in a
minefield or bothered to check a manual to see how
long it takes.	They want to tell me an engineer
platoon takes 3 hours to put in a minefield 125 yards
square.  That's only the most glaringly bogus rule in
that section.

2)Whoever wrote the US Army TOs was under the
influence of some serious mind-altering chemicals.

IIRC, this is the game I once played at a con where I
lost because I didn't realize that tanks with turrets
could, under this ruleset, not fire at any targets
other than straight ahead.

John

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree