Prev: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts Next: Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs

Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:38:56 -0800
Subject: Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs

Well, the X-Wing series is pretty much canon, so they're actually
anti-fighter weapons. Capital ships usually went to continuous fire on
the one launcher as soon as fighters got in range. They did get used
against other capital ships, but only at close range and not for a lot
of damage.  Nobody ever fielded an escort with lots of launchers (or a
warship with proton torps), but it could have made attacks a lot more
expensive. Call 'em ADFCs.

If you have a joystick and any 3D card at all, X-Wing: Alliance is $10
in the bargain bin. You owe it to yourself, I'm halfway through it for
the second time :-)

--
We choose to go to the moon. We choose to go to the moon in this decade
and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are

http://www.cs.umb.edu/jfklibrary/j091262.htm

Prev: Re: John Atkinson whereabouts Next: Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs