Prev: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs Next: Re: [OT] Spearhead

[FH] IF names and future tech

From: <Beth.Fulton@c...>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 11:11:20 +1100
Subject: [FH] IF names and future tech

G'day guys,

Well finally ended up in the tea room for morning tea, which means I got
some answers on IF naming. Names of people and places are fine. Angels
are a bit more controversial (some didn't mind others thought it a bad
idea depending on what exact form of Islam you followed) so probably
best to skip that one... though it as a compromise terms like angel of
death or angel of truth rather than actual names of angels would be ok.
The other thing to watch when maing the ships is be careful not to
accidently name them after Christain Arabs because they often have names
that Muslims find distatseful (like "slave of the messiah").

Ok now on to the tech question. I know that future tech successes can be
hard to guess, but does anyone feel brave enough to say what kind of
tech will take off once we're in space?

And another question. Now metal storm tech is spanning all kinds of
weapons from guns, to ADS, to aircraft weaponry, to naval guns, to
grenade launchers etc etc, will this actually slot into DS/SG under
existing weapon types or is it different enough you'd have to tweak some
of the weapon stats to represent it?

Thanks

Beth

Prev: RE: Stars Wars FT SSDs Next: Re: [OT] Spearhead