Prev: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside Next: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

From: Jonathan White <jonw@n...>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:18:05 +0000
Subject: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside

On Monday, November 10, 2003, at 06:44 PM, Brian B wrote:
> Don't forget to compound the issue by providing the
> humans with armor support in the form of
> uber-high-tech Walkers that carry absolutely no
> frontal armor for the pilot....
If you're seriously considering doing a 'matrix' sim game, go find a
copy of the Animatrix  and watch the second half of 'Second
Rennaissance'. Mind you, not straight after you've had anything to eat.
Especially if it was in a tin. Yeeech. In summary - frontal armour
doesn't help.

 From that and Revolutions, it seems to me the only way to simulate it
is
to work out a mechanism that the ACU's can keep the sentinels at beyond
arms reach by weight of fire. Once the squids get into close combat it's

pretty much game over regardless of exactly how the mechs are built.

Of course, in fact any stand up fight between the humans and the
machines in the Matrix world is one sided by definition. The machines
simply have ludicrously superior weight of numbers. Not sure whether
you'd want to sim that bit though.

						TTFN
							Jon
--
"Events happen in real time"

Prev: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside Next: Re: Matrix Revolution and StarGrunt/Dirtside