Prev: Re: Scaling Combat Walkers Next: RockCon o3

Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs

From: "Star Ranger" <dean@s...>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 13:30:30 -0600
Subject: Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs

> Thanks guys and gals!  Loadsa links and ideas - especially Star Ranger
> XOver.
>
> And including Ion Cannon rules.  Dean - if you're here - are the
threshhold
> hits generated from these temporary (e.g. 1D6 turns or something
similar)
> or permament?

Yup, I'm here.	Glad you like them.

On the Ion Cannon hits, no, they are not temporary.  Treat them like any
other threshold damage.  The system is out until it is repaired.  I like
think of it as breakers and fuses blown from the hit.  The crew will
still
have to re-route power and replace melted and fused circuts before the
weapon can fire again.

> I was thinking about putting some of the B4s onto the Star Destroyers,
too.
>  Anyone tried?

The designs I did were all based on my interpretation of the Star Wars
universe.  Other than the Death Stars, I never saw really big, really
long
range beams being used.  Mostly ships had lots and lots of smaller
weapons.
Thus I reflected that in my designs with lots of B2s and some B3s.  You
are
free to have your own interpretation though and have fun playing with
those
designs.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: Scaling Combat Walkers Next: RockCon o3