Prev: Re: Scaling Combat Walkers Next: Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs

Re: Scaling Combat Walkers

From: <warbeads@j...>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2003 12:42:37 -0600
Subject: Re: Scaling Combat Walkers

Over on the Yahoo Dirtside list (exact name slips my leaky mind
currently) these were interesting rules for mechas and how to size them
(although the rules are for size 1 through 7 (!!!!) Walkers.)

Gracias,
Glenn

Hx, SF, and Fx: 6 mm figures, Starships and 1:6K "Wet Navy" warships
are my main interest.	But I have forces in 6 through 25 mm FWIW...

On Sat, 8 Nov 2003 10:13:46 -0800 "staremu" <star_emu@hotmail.com>
writes:

>------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C3A5E0.FEE84C80
>
>Hello all,
>
>I am setting down to writing up my combat walkers for SG2 and would
>like =
>some ideas on how people are scalign them.  I am using the larger
>models =
>in the new GK line.  I am using Grizzly, Bear, Den Mother, Razorback,
>=
>Kodiak, and Black Adder minis.  I opted to use the larger minis in the
>=
>line because they seem much more able to contain a 15mm pilot.
>
>Seeing as the scalign system is a bit abstract in the GZG games, I'm =
>having a bit of trouble deciding if I should classify them as Class 1
>=
>or 2 walker.  I am leaning toward Class 2.  It doesn't help that I =
>haven't received the minis for some of them yet.
>
>Thanks,
>
>Eli
>------=_NextPart_000_003A_01C3A5E0.FEE84C80

><HTML><HEAD>
><META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
>charset=3Dwindows-1252">
><META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1106" name=3DGENERATOR>
><STYLE></STYLE>
></HEAD>
><BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello all,</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am setting down to writing up my =
>combat walkers=20
>for SG2 and would like some ideas on how people are scalign
>them.&nbsp; =
>I am=20
>using the larger models in the new GK line.&nbsp; I am using Grizzly,
>=
>Bear, Den=20
>Mother, Razorback, Kodiak, and Black Adder minis.&nbsp; I opted to use
>=
>the=20
>larger minis in the line because they seem much more able to contain a
>=
>15mm=20
>pilot.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Seeing as the scalign system is a bit
>=
>abstract in=20
>the GZG games, I'm having a bit of trouble deciding if I should
>classify =
>them as=20
>Class 1&nbsp; or 2 walker.&nbsp; I am leaning toward Class 2.&nbsp; It
>=
>doesn't=20
>help that I haven't received the minis for some of them =
>yet.</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
><DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Eli</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

> [...]

Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

Prev: Re: Scaling Combat Walkers Next: Re: Stars Wars FT SSDs