Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: GZG Slammers

Re: Superheavy tank conversions

From: "Allan Goodall" <agoodall@h...>
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 11:27:28 -0600
Subject: Re: Superheavy tank conversions

On 25 Oct 2003 at 8:38, staremu wrote:

> This brings up a question that has been milling about in my mind since
> I conceived of this project.	How are people modelling grav drives?
> Alan has mentioned the flat-bottom effect but this include fillign the
> track wells usually.	I am wondering what others have done.

What I did with a couple of Marders was make plastic card bits and
fill in the track wells that way. I created a side piece that sloped
down at an angle and touched the central part of the Roco model
(behind the track wells). I then cut two triangular pieces, one front
and one back, to fill in the front and back of the well. It worked
okay, but it's fairly time consuming so I've only done three vehicles
so far. I really need to do more, but haven't had the chance.

--

Allan Goodall		     agoodall@hyperbear.com
http://www.hyperbear.com

The only normal people are the ones you don't know well!
   - Joe Ancis

Prev: Re: Superheavy tank conversions Next: GZG Slammers