Prev: News from the front Next: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...

Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...

From: Foxx Travis <lordkalvin2002@y...>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 10:18:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...

I know a guy who literally got spaceships out of a
gumball machine, painted those up and, except for the
weight, could not tell the difference from the lead
minis.	He then acquired plastic spaceships from a
garage sale and then the party supply section of
Walmart for cheap and painted those up as well.
Lastly, he has a fleet of "organic" ships made from
shells from the sea shore!!
--- Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@tabletop-battlezone.com>
wrote:
> I'm aiming to start a FT campaign in Grand Rapids,
> MI (USA) after January.
> Right now I'm recruiting players and running demos
> at the local game store in
> order to generate interest.  Right now I have 5
> players committed and
> enthusiastic about running games.  '
>
> That's the background, now my point:
> One of my players is broke, or very nearly so.  So
> what is the most economical
> way for him to obtain his own fleet?
>
> He's considering buying modeling tools to
> scratch-build his own, and he
> probably has enough time  Yet should his efforts not
> pan out in time for the
> campaign, I'd like to ask the group it's input on a
> quick and cheap-to-buy
> fleet to use as a stop-gap for the game.
>
> He'll be welcome to use my models as I'll be running
> the campaign and as an
> absolute last resort we'll print out cardstock
> counters he can place on the
> table.  Of course, miniatures are preferred.
>
> --
> --Flak Magnet
> It's later than you think.

http://shopping.yahoo.com

Prev: News from the front Next: Re: FT without breaking a tiny piggy bank...