Prev: [FT] Reasonance Weapon Next: Re: [FT] Battlefield set-up

Re: FYI: A Suprisingly Good Sci-Fi Book

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2003 13:55:57 +0000
Subject: Re: FYI: A Suprisingly Good Sci-Fi Book

>Finally anyone have any other books they want to suggest to the other
avid
>readers on the list?

These actually fit the thread title quite well, but I'm almost hesitant
mention them on this list at all....

Dan Abnett's "Gaunt's Ghosts" novels.  There's...I think...six of them
at
this point.  Very well written military SF, for all that they are set in
the
Warhammer 40K universe.  The character are very normal, and very mortal,

human beings -- not Space Marines, not supermen.

Abnett is a very good author, and I've found myself making an effort to
pick
up *anything* from GW that he's written.

(And for fantasy fans, anything by "Jack Yeovil" -- pseudonym of Kim
Newman
of _Anno Dracula_ fame -- is equally worth seeking out.)

The books are good SGII inspiration, and frankly I'd have to consider
Stargrunt to be a much better system than 40K for emulating them.

John Crimmins

Instant message in style with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!
http://msnmessenger-download.com

Prev: [FT] Reasonance Weapon Next: Re: [FT] Battlefield set-up