Prev: Re: Ship Figs Next: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

From: DOCAgren@a...
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 18:35:01 EDT
Subject: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

In a message dated 8/28/03 2:01:49 AM,
owner-gzg-digest@lists.CSUA.Berkeley.EDU writes:

<< Additionally, battles in film, TV and novels, including single ship
duels, often last mere minutes with a fatal conclusion for (at least)
one combatant.	A 10-20 minute game turn means that a ship was reduced
from undamaged to expanding cloud of debris in a single game turn.  I
have never seen that happen with any FT capital ships that were not
home-designed. >>

I have seen that, and been the 1 doing the damage, using a stock NSL
Heavy
Cruiser, killed a FSE Battleship (Mint) in 1 turn, Cascading 6 are your
friend...
Next turn took on a FSE Heavy Cruiser and Crippled it.

Turn after that, for some reason, all remaining FSE ships with range
opened
up on the Heavy Cruiser, and ripped it apart.

So it does happen.
And I've done it more the once like that.

DOC Agren

     (Lurker on the Digest)

Prev: Re: Ship Figs Next: Re: Re: Cinematic vs. Vector movement