Prev: Re: Threshold Checks was: Cinematic vs. Vector movement Next: Re: Threshold Checks was: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

RE: Threshold Checks was: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 10:25:35 +1000
Subject: RE: Threshold Checks was: Cinematic vs. Vector movement

On Thursday, August 28, 2003 10:13 AM, Mike Hillsgrove
[SMTP:mikeah@cablespeed.com] wrote:
> I've been told not. The first row is free for critical hits.	We like
the
> criticals as it gets us to the deadly kind of combat we see in B5.
With
> multiple ships per player - it really isn't too deadly.

You may be thinking of "Core System" Threshold checks (Bridge, Life
Support,
Reactor).  Effectively these systems apply a -1 modifier to the die roll
for
your normal threshold checks (ie: 6+ is no roll, 5+ fails on a 6, 4+
fails
on a 5).

Brendan
'Neath Southern Skies

IMPORTANT: Notice to be read with this E-mail
1. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.  2. This e-mail (including any
attachments) may contain confidential information for the
use of the intended recipient.	3. If you are not the
intended recipient, please: contact the sender by return
e-mail, to notify the misdirection; do not copy, print,
re-transmit, store or act in reliance on this e-mail; and
delete and destroy all copies of this e-mail.  4. Any views
expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and are not
a statement of Commonwealth policy unless otherwise stated.
5. Finally, please do not remove this notice, so that any
other readers are aware of these restrictions.