Prev: Looking for more info about StarGrunt / Here's you chance to lure me away from the Dark Side :-) Next: Re: Looking for more info about StarGrunt / Here's you chance to lure me away from the Dark Side :-)

Re: DD'oh

From: "Matt Tope" <mptope@o...>
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:31:31 +0100
Subject: Re: DD'oh

St Jon (I prostrate myself before thee oh great one) wrote:

>There is no "up" and "down" in space, Matt.....  ;-)

>Actually, it may not even be a "mistake" - depends when and where you
got
>the particular models. When originally designed (by Paul Copeland of
CMD)
>the 105 did not have the little "turrety-thing" on its main hull; this
was
>added by Paul later on when the model was re-moulded, but he added it
on
>the BOTTOM (compared to the orientation of the original version) - so
>halfway through its production life, the model actually did get flipped
>over so that you could still put it on a stand! The FB1 drawing was
done of
>the "newer" version, flipped so the turret is on top.

>The bottom line is, it really does NOT matter which way up you've got
>yours!  ;-)

The Tico's I have in my possesion do have the "turrety-thing", and on
the
top of the hull (from the way I mounted them), so it's a relief that I
have
got them facing the right way (I somehow must of missed the turret when
checking the diagram in FB1). I know that there is no up and down in
space,
I was more worried about the apparent lack of formation discipline
within
the NAC and the snide remarks that this would cause amongst the crews of
my
NSL Battlegroup ;-)

On a side issue, can any one tell me the escort classes and numbers in
the
UNSC and Japanese Battle Squadron offers from GZG.

Regards

Matt Tope.