Prev: Re: Need some FT Help with weapon design Next: Re: Back from GenCon! [OT]

Re: Need some FT Help with weapon design

From: Charles Taylor <nerik@m...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 18:48:00 +0100
Subject: Re: Need some FT Help with weapon design

In message <1ea.dff1e6c.2c587cf4@aol.com>
	  DOCAgren@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all...
>
> 1 of my buddy has a want for a Ship with B3/B4 Firepower but only 12
Range,
> and I have been kicking around the wgt for 1 of these.
>
> What have have is a B3 at Mass of 2 and only allowed 1 arc and a B4 at
Mass
> of 4 and only allowed 1 arc.
>
> Have I made these to 2 Powerful?
> Any thoughts or Ideas on how to better work it?
>

> DOC Agren
>
>      (Lurker on the Digest)

One possibility would be to simply build a ship with a large number of
B1-s, and assume that each group of 3 or 4 B1-s is actually one weapon.

Another option would be to use Phalon Pulsars (from Fleet Book 2) (of
however many arcs you wish) permanently configured to Close range (C)
mode. As the weapon you wish cannot be reconfigured, the cost might be
reduced somewhat.

For further options, look around the Weapons and Defences Archive,
here: http://nift.firedrake.org/Weap-Def_Archive.htm There are a number
of short-range weapons included in it.

Charles

Prev: Re: Need some FT Help with weapon design Next: Re: Back from GenCon! [OT]