Prev: Re: ATTENTION GERMY! Next: Re: ATTENTION GERMY!

Re: ATTENTION GERMY!

From: "Germ" <germ@g...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 14:58:59 +0100
Subject: Re: ATTENTION GERMY!

> > > What kind of paper do people generally print your stuff out on,
anyway?

> You might want to experiment with several types of paper.
>
> I use an inexpensive cardstock paper from Wal-mart that's made for
printers,
> but it's mostly good for printing labels and things. Doesn't hold
colors
> well enough for pictures.
>
> For pictures, I use something called Matte Paper - Heavyweight from
Epson,
> which is sold in office supply stores. This is photo-grade paper, and
holds
> colors well. It's more expensive, though.
>
> - Bill Armintrout, editor
> The Miniatures Page
> http://theminiaturespage.com

When I made the very first Jon's Bar I printed it onto glossy
photo-grade
paper.
It held the colour very well but as I cut and folded the model the print
would rub off along the edges.
I think paper where the colour soaks into the paper works better for the
building side of things
but does dull the colour down a bit.

Jeremey
www.germy.co.uk

Prev: Re: ATTENTION GERMY! Next: Re: ATTENTION GERMY!