Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

Re: (FT,SG) News Break

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 13:56:42 +0000
Subject: Re: (FT,SG) News Break

>From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@telia.com>
>The SG2 "air defence environment" includes things like long-range air
>defences, interceptor fighters etc. which are located way off the
table.
>You never see them on the table; all you know is that the enemy bombers

>were driven off or shot down before they could hit the troops in the
area
>represented by your gaming table.
>
>The "artillery defence environment" would work in exactly the same way.

The off-board stuff is how I would imagine SGII level artillery normally

gets handled...but Allan had mentioned the idea of "units in your force
on
the table" that could contribute to air defense, and I was curious as to

what he had in mind there.

AA vehicles are an obvious choice, but they tend to be equally obvious
targets.  Something smaller would make for more interesting gaming, I
think.
  Maybe some kind of portable jamming system, to deflect "smart"
artillery
rounds.  Wouldn't help with the dumb stuff, though.

It's an appealing idea for some reason -- I like modelling this kind of
thing.

John Crimmins

Prev: Re: (FT,SG) News Break Next: Re: (FT,SG) News Break